Thursday, January 1, 2015

DOstamper STARS Challenge #113 & Blog Candy

Happy 2015!!  Can you believe another year has passed and it is already 2015?  We are starting the New Year off right with a little stamping inspiration for you.  Here is the photo:


Here is my card.  I was inspired by the colors of the photo and the bubbles.  I added Watercolor Wonder Designer Washi Tape to the top and bottom of the Whisper White layer.  For the word "happy", I used the negative space from the Hello You Thinlets Die cut from Gold Foil cardstock.  The Hello Thinlets Die is a new item from the 2015 Occasions Catalog that goes live on January 6!!

 
Since New Year's Day is not a traditional card giving holiday, I made another version for the next card holiday - Valentine's Day. 
 

This card uses another gold washi tape - this time from a new washi tape set from the 2015 Occasions Catalog called Stack with Love Designer Washi Tape.  I can't wait for this catalog to go live and I hope you are excited for all the new products too.


 
Now time for some BLOG CANDY!!  This week I am offering a variety of Stampin' Up! Designer Series Paper measuring 4" x 6".  Some will be current, some will be retired, but it is all Stampin' Up!  You will get at least 50-4" x 6" sheets in a variety of patterns.  To win, leave a comment stating what your favorite Stampin' Up DSP is (new or old) below by Sunday, January 4.  I will choose one winner on Monday to receive this prize. 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by.  Visit my fellow STARS for more inspiration.
 
  • Miriam Bollinger: Gold Celebrate card
  • Dawn Olchefske:  Happy New Year card
  • Robyn Rasset: Mingle All The Way card
  • Sharon Bennett:  Stacked with Love card
  • Linda Kaufman: Best Year Ever Easel Calendar

  • Stamps:  Good Greetings
    Paper: Whisper White, Gold Foil, Real Red, Basic Black
    Ink:  Stazon Jet Black
    Other:  Watercolor Wonder Designer Washi Tape, Hello You Thinlets Die

    7 comments:

    1. My favorite DSP is Winter Frost Specialty DSP. It has such beautiful patterns and colors and can be used all winter long as well as for Christmas.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks for your comments Judy. You are the winner of my Blog Candy. Please send me your mailing address and I will get your prize sent out to you. Enjoy.

        Delete
    2. I think High Tide is my favorite. I have lots of guys that I make cards and scrapbook pages for, so this is great for all of them.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Super cute cards Cindy! I like the way you used the die as well as the washi tape. The washi almost looks like dsp on the edge, cool look.

      My favorite dsp was a sale-a-bration dsp offered several years ago called "everyday enchantment". I just loved the colors and mix of patterns. Thanks for your generosity!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Wow, there are so many gorgeous DSP's to choose from, but my favorite has to be All Is Calm! I just love the cool colors!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Awesome card! I love the use of the negative space, now you'll have to show us the card you made with the word cutout.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Cute Card! My favorite DSP was actually the paper from the holiday catalog, the Color Me Autumn. The colors and patterns in that paper are just beautiful. I love those new thinlits dies you used on the card. They are a must order on my next order.

      ReplyDelete