Sunday, October 27, 2013

Truly Grateful Turkeys

It is the last weekend of October already.  Where has the month gone?  I am sharing the final project in my October Truly Grateful Project Series. For today's project I found a little inspiration on Pinterest.  This project was designed by fellow Stampin' Up demonstrator Kirsteen Gill.  I am again using the Gift Bow Bigz L die from Stampin' Up.  I love this little turkey.  I think he would be great at the "kid's table" of your holiday dinner - marking a special spot for each child.
 

 

For the colorful feathers, I used the largest stamp in the Truly Grateful stamp set.  I stamped both the bow tail and the small bow loop using matching ink.  These are then adhered to the largest circle in the Circle Collection Framelits Die cut in half.  The next layer of Early Espresso "feathers" is adhered to the 2nd largest Circle Framelit from the same collection.  For the turkey body, I left one plain and then thought it looked too flat.  So, I had to step it up a bit with the second turkey.  I used the Chevron Embossing folder on his body and wings.  I think it adds so much dimesion and interest.  I used the 1" X 8" Cellophane Bag from Stampin' Up for the legs.  They are filled with a special treat for your little guests.
 


I hope you have enjoyed these projects and will use some of these ideas for the upcoming holidays.  Thanks again for stopping by.

All items Stampin' Up unless noted

Stamp: Truly Grateful
Paper:  Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Cobbler, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry
Ink:  Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Cobbler, Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze
Other:  1" x 8" Cellophane Bag, Google Eyes (non-SU), Gift Bow Bigz L Die, Modern Label Punch, Circle Collection Framelits Die, Sticky Strip, Chevron TIEF

No comments:

Post a Comment