Saturday, August 23, 2014

End of August already?!?

For my card share today I am featuring a card based on this fabulous fall photo from Better Homes and Gardens.  And yes, it is for the DOstamper STARS Thursday Challenge.  Of course today isn't Thursday - not really sure what happened to the past few days (weeks - yikes)!


Last Sunday, I don't think the high in Green Bay, WI even hit 70 degrees.  The normal high for this time of the year should be at least 10 degrees warmer.  My husband I and took the kids for a bike ride and with the breeze, I was wishing I had something to cover my ears.  And, yes, it felt like fall to me.  I love autumn.  I love the way the leaves change color and there is a crispness in the air - however, not in August.
 
 

Anyway, here is my card.  I used a lot of the elements in the photo.  I stamped the Lost Lagoon background layer with the World Map stamp.  Then I dusted off my Truly Grateful stamp set (haven't used it since last fall and was so happy it was carried over to the 2014-15 annual catalog).  The images are stamped with Sahara Sand, Hello Honey and Cajun Craze. 
 
 
I added some Early Espresso Baker's Twine and some of the Neutrals Candy Dots.  That completes my card for today.

Thanks for stopping by.  Visit my fellow STARS for my more inspiration.
 

All items Stampin' Up unless noted.
Stamps:  World Map, Truly Grateful
Paper:  Lost Lagoon, Cajun Craze, Whisper White, Sahara Sand
Ink:  Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Hello Honey, Sahara Sand
Other:  Early Espresso Baker's Twine, Neutrals Candy Dots 

2 comments:

  1. OMGosh, I LOVE how you used the map stamp to mimic the photo - smart girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You nailed this challenge Cindy! Thanks for playing along for this week's DOstamperSTARS Thursday challenge!

    ReplyDelete